Monday, February 17, 2020

Oh The Frustration of It All - Google Issues Won't End

I can not tell you how many hours I have spend dealing with google issues in the past two years. I have had a problem with my blog for two years now, since google started ramping up their analytics. 

I got a text.file code error for my blog and my income dropped over 75%. I have made almost nothing on my blog with 2500 posts in the last 2 years. I spent HOURS and hours trying to figure out how to insert the ad text with horrible help sites and kept getting redirected to the same pages. 

I FINALLY today, was able to find ONE video on how to do it and it literally took me five minutes or less. I watched many videos on it before, read their tutorials, followed link after link. Posted some code in my page, and on and on. 

I am not quite sure it fixed the problem, but my guess is it will. I have to wait 24 hours before the changes can take effect. However, I made four times the money today than I did yesterday, so my thought is that the fix worked. 

However, I am still having no success from YouTube linking to the google console because I signed up with a different email on YouTube ten years ago but I changed the contact to my current email and it won't allow me to link my YouTube pages to my web pages. So, that is one current and ongoing issues I am having with google. 

The other issue I am having is that google ads doesn't like free web pages so if you use a Wix or WordPress site, it won't allow you to put ads on the site until you buy a domain name for it. I purchased one through another site and then found that I had to purchase a premium package on Wix to be able to forward a domain name. So, I have the domain at one place and Wix has the site but I guess Google ads won't allow me to post ads on the Wix page without listing it because I am routing the domain through another site. So, I have spent the better part of the day trying to figure out how to Link ads to the Wix pages. 

I really wonder how I will figure this all out. Some days I want to just give it all up, but I realize that by posting all this, people can find the pages and may someday we can find a cure for the awful illness draining people of life. 

I wish I could just hire someone to figure it all out. I also spent 2 days working on YouTube trying to figure out their new analytics. I think I am getting a better understanding of it all, but you have to search lots of links for each new video taking even more time.  

I think all the staring at the screen gave me a whopper of a headache and I was in bed all of Friday, and until midnight on Saturday fighting it. Nothing worked and I haven't had coke in two weeks so didn't want to start drinking that again. So, I am super tired and have Sit-itus going on. I have fallen asleep probably 20 times writing this. 

Have a Blessed Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment