Friday, February 14, 2020

Easiest and Fast Way to Remove Sticky, Gum, Gummy, Gooey Stuff off Anything

For so many years now, I have used turpentine / kerosene to remove anything sticky. I wish I had known about it years ago when my kids were little. I now keep a bottle of it in my kitchen to use for so many things. 

I use it for taking off tape that has melted onto items. I use it when tape has gotten hard and is difficult to remove. I use it to take price tags off items. I use it to take "fun tak" off this frame that I used. I use the Fun Tack to hold down all my picture frames in case of an earthquake. 

We had an earthquake once that made all my frames go crooked and it wasn't a large quake. I thought that if we had a large quake, that may take all the pictures off the walls. Since then, I always use "Fun Tak" to stick the bottom corners to the wall. 

I also now use it to stick all the decorative items on the shelves I have in the home as well. I have heard that in earthquake situations, many people end up getting cuts on their feet running from the house. I know that putting those things on with Fun Tak won't prevent everything falling in a large quake, but it will maybe keep the lighter glass items from falling. 

Anyway, with using the Fun Tak on the frames, sometimes they get sticky so using this trick helps get the sticky off. 

I made a video showing how I got the sticky left behind on the frame using the kerosene on the back. It works like a charm. 

Have a Blessed Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment