Friday, February 28, 2020

My Furnace is in a COLD Place - Furnace Meltdown

I have been keeping my heat low as I am alone in the house and it goes off if it gets super cold in the house and I have just been using a space heater in my room as I work or the kitchen / family room where I spent most of my time. 

I had my daughters family for several days and we turned the heat up while they were visiting. The past two days, I have been FREEZING! I took a nap and was so cold I thought maybe I was having a reaction to something I ate or something as I couldn't get warm. 

This morning, I was so cold I couldn't get out of bed. It was just so cold. I then went to check to see if maybe my daughter had turned down the furnace when they left as we had to turn it up when they arrived. It was 64 in the house at about 11 a.m. and I kept turning up the heat and there was a teardrop looking symbol and when I did a web search, I found that it was a "flame" symbol.

I went down to the furnace and I could hear a buzzing sound. I flipped the off switch and the noise stopped. I pulled out the filter and replaced it hoping it was some "auto shut off due to dirty filter" or something, but I knew that was not realistic. 

I pulled off the other cover on the furnace and was a bit shocked to see that there was a build up of some corrosive at the edge of one of the pipes. I could clearly see that there was some drips on the motor below the corroded pipes and see where there was water marks all on the bottom of that area. 

I sent these pictures to my friend who works for a heating and plumbing place and he said he could come before heading out of town in the morning about 7. I am so blessed to have a friend that is so willing to come in early so I can have heat for the weekend. 

I am so frustrated about this furnace. I have had nothing but nightmares with this. In almost 20 years I never had an issue with my furnace. Since this one has gone in, it has been SUCH a nightmare with one issue after another. 

I think I have finally figure it out and then something else will come up. It is crazy! Anyway, I hope he can figure it out and I can be done with furnace issues! 

Have a blessed and warm day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment