Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Best Way To Get and Store CEU Credits For Non-Working Registered Nurses

I have a Registered Nurse License which I have had for nearly 25+ years. I worked on and off over many years as a nurse doing Osteo floor, Emergency Room, Labor and Delivery, and general floor work. 

I always wanted to be a nurse from the time I was hospitalized at an early age with many surgeries. One of my first memories was a nursing kit. I remember getting into trouble as a child for putting all the family band-aids onto my doll. It really is one of my first memories. 

I thought about teaching when I was headed to college, but my spouse talked me into nursing saying I would always have a job. I think teaching probably would have worked better for a single mother, but it is true that in nursing, there are many jobs available. 

When I had my last daughter, life became so hectic that I didn't go back into working at the hospital. I just couldn't juggle five kids in different schools and working a 12 hour shift. I would leave just after they got home and ate and early dinner, or I would leave before school and having two younger children still not in school, it was much to hard to do those type of shifts. 

I always just wanted to do "fill in" work when they needed extra people, but they weren't allowing that at our hospital at the time. They would offer it to part time workers instead. 

In any type of licensed field, you usually have to do some type of continuing education units, or CEU's. Dentist, Doctors, Nurses, Massage Therapists etc.

I have kept my license current by doing these CEU credits. It is interesting that the longer a profession has had the requirement of CEU's, the cheaper the CEU's become. In Massage, the CEU's are about $100 for each 10 credits. In nursing, you can find the entire amount of credits you need for $20 and up. 

I have found however, that by using the same company for each batch of credits, that I don't have to file the CEU's anywhere, but can just leave them on the website. They track them and I can remember which I have done already. I like that they also have an area where you can store and save CEU's you have completed in different ways so they are all stored together. It is really handy having it in one place rather than having to remember all the different sites, passwords etc. 

Thought I would share about it here as it really has been a good thing for me and I have liked the courses they offer even though it may be a bit more than other sites. 

Have a Blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment