Thursday, December 12, 2019

Making Money With Your Credit Card Every Year

Ever since Discover card started doing cash back nearly 30 years ago, I have used cash back credit cards to get money each year. 

I have shared in past post about how I make money each year by just using a credit card to pay all my bills. 

Here is a post about it in 2013.

I posted about it in 2016 here.  

Here is my post in 2017.

I share a post here about how to build a child's credit

I have shared in these different posts how if you pay the balance in full, the  cash back cards can really make you some money. I also made a video a few years back showing the amount of cash back. 

Last year, I had cashback on several cards that I hadn't cashed out for a few years as well as the totals from the Citi card that really adds up and I also had several big expenses on the house which I charged. If I remember right, I had about $900 in cash back from all the different cards.

The only way this works is if you pay all the cards off in full. Find the largest cashback card you can and sometimes it pays to use one card for gas if they have larger amounts for gas purchases, and then another for groceries if that one has bonus categories in catagories. 

I used to do all the bonus cards but found it was a few dollars a month in postage and the difference wasn't worth spending that much in stamps. It was at that point that I decided to just use the 2% cashback card for everything as you get 1% when you charge something and then another 1% when you pay that amount off. 

Most months I would make almost $50 just paying all the bills I would normally pay anyway. By just paying my bills, I get nearly $600 a year or more. The cash back has been a blessing in my life. 

Have a Blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment