Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Christmas Eve Work Party - Cutting up Wood In the Yard

We spent the day working on several projects. My girls were so helpful today. I worked a few hours one day cutting up branches and was so surprised that I spent two hours cutting and didn't make a dent in the piles. From the house, you couldn't even tell that I had worked on the pile. 


Today, the girls helped bundle up twigs, stack the wood that I cut up on the log pile and helped rake up all the  smaller twigs and leaves and put them into the garbage cans and put them all at the curb. 

They were so cute dancing as they worked listening to music and the other daughter helped cook and serve our Christmas dinner as we like to eat it earlier so we have time to eat all the leftovers through the holiday.  

It was not a typical holiday Christmas Eve but I appreciate that the girls were so helpful and willing to help me get some of the items off my "to do" list. 

I wish we were able to finish both wood piles, but we were able to get at least most of the bigger pile cut down. I think if I work a full day, I will be able to finish the rest. It will be good to finish the entire yard finally! It seems that I always have a "list" of things needing to be done in the yard and if I can get that pile done, my outside "to do" list will be done! 

Merry Christmas to us all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment