Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Making Large Game Pieces For Decor From A Toy - Game

For many years now, I have decorated with vintage toy replicas or large décor game items. 

A few years back, I won some prizes at a game night and exchanged them at the local store for some large wooden dice. A few months later, I won again and was able to exchange the prize for a few more to go on a larger shelf I have over my stairs.

Here is a link to a post where I share a bit about it but also share about a dream with a  wall of antique game boards which I had forgotten I had until I looked up that post. It is interesting though in that post, I have the game piece shown at the top in the original red color before I painted it. 

I painted the first one and don't think I thought to blog about it, but then painted it in the way I am sharing today, and it has been decorating a corner of my piano that way for at least three years. 

Basically, I have been keeping my eyes out for the game "Sorry" that is made in a game piece with a little storage case at the bottom of the piece. 

The first one I found, was just the piece shown in the link listed above. I had some "Hammerite" paint I had used on a few other items, and thought I would paint the game piece with that and see how it looked. 

I REALLY liked how it came out and it has been on the piano corner since. I think it looks really cute as I put it on a bit of a stand to stagger the heights of the décor items. I made a video of how I painted the pieces and it is wonderful that I have been able to find three different pieces of the "Sorry" game.

I painted two of them and decided to keep one as a game to play with the kids and LOVE the other two with their hammered paint as I think they match well with the other "toys" in the décor. 

I have enough pieces now, but I still think it is a fun idea to paint those plastic pieces as décor items. I also think the bright red ones would be nice in a kids room or bright game room but it is wonderful to have what I have now. 

This is more of an "idea" post than a "how to" post but I am happy with the results. 

Have a Blessed Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment