Thursday, April 18, 2019

My Mothers Tulips - A Blooming Spring Blessing

I posted a blog two years ago about some tulips I dug up on the land where I grew up.

I shared that I also cut some and took them to my mothers funeral the year prior. It was three years ago this month that my mother passed away. 

After her death, we sold the land where I grew up and it was just about two years ago that I went to the land and dug up the tulip bulbs. 

We sold the land and they were going to develop it. The tulips would have been destroyed or lost. 

I was sad when last year, not one tulip came up. I figured I had killed them off or they didn't like the soil in my yard as I have had other tulips and other flowers die in my clay soil. 

Imagine my JOY this past week when I pulled in from being out of town to see spots of red in both of my front garden beds! 

Today I was raking up some downed twigs and branches in my back yard, and I spotted a ton of red tulips coming up in the bag garden bed! I had forgotten that I planted some of the bulbs in the back garden! 


I remembered that I wanted to spread them out to give myself a good chance that some would survive! It looks as if they all survived but took a few years to bloom! 

I smile every time I see them. They are the same flowers that I enjoyed as a child. I can't believe they have survived for so many years. I hope that they last forever bringing me joy each time they bloom! 

It is interesting to me that they bloom around the time my mother died. Just a sweet reminder of her! 

I'm feeling blessed and hope you are as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment