Friday, April 26, 2019

Hand Cranking Ice Cream Makers - Fastest Easiest Yummy Ice Cream Recipe

For many years, I have taken crank ice cream makers camping with our family. We also used to make ice cream at home with regular motor ice cream makers. 

I haven't gone camping over Easter for the last few years and each time I find a hand crank wooden ice cream maker, I have purchased it as they are hard to find. I would sell the older ones in rough shape and then keep the better ones. 

I purchased one recently and decided that I really don't need more than one crank bucket. It is more of a novelty now that we aren't going camping as the kids are always busy. 

I had someone come today and they wanted to buy the oldest looking bucket. He has an old washing machine motor he wants to put on the crank on a pulley system. 

I was surprised that all three wooden buckets were by the same maker, "Sterling Freezer" Woodenware by Richmond Cedar works, but you can see by the look that they changed over the years. 

I made a video sharing my favorite ice cream recipe. I collected many recipes for homemade ice cream as my mother had cut out recipes from all sorts of newspapers and magazines for years so when I first purchased the makers, I tried many of the recipes and ended up throwing many away as they were so much work. 

I happened upon the recipe I share in the video and on a former post and since that time, I have never tried another recipe as this one is so fast and easy and I could make it camping. 

Here is the recipe:

1 pint cream
1 can sweetened condensed milk
cookies, candy bar, nuts, fruit or other flavorings or mix in items. 

Here is the link to my first post on this.
Here is a post where I share about it camping and show making it at sand dunes. 

Here is a picture of the happy couple taking one of the makers to its new home. 

Have a sweet and blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment