Thursday, May 24, 2018

Gathering Barn Wood For a Family Reunion Project - My Sweet Sister

I am so blessed to have a sister that is supportive. 

I was remembering back to when I was going through my divorce and she showed up at one court date with a little homemade necklace for me with a Millstone on it. It was a private joke which took the stress out of the situation but over and over I laugh about that one thoughtful act to lighten my load. 

Just this week, I was reading the scriptures which go along with that joke and I laughed at the memory again. 

Flash back two years ago, she was my only sibling of 7 to help me get my mothers estate laid out. She was by my side the entire time.

She made Princess One's wedding bouquet and helped make the invitations for her wedding. 

When I really need her, she is there. I try not to call on her or her family very often, but she is so creative and such a hard worker that I know she will be there when needed. 

Today, she met me in a small town to pull down barn wood for a family reunion project and then was up late until after midnight with her husband helping me design what we could do with items to make it cute for the reunion. In the end, we may not even be using the barn wood but she is SUPER creative so I know she would find a use for it but the fact that she is willing to help means so much to me.

When I had my mother living with me, she would "mother sit" for me so I could have time away from the 24 /7 care my mother needed at the end. She also stuck "thank you" encouragement notes all over the house that I found even after my mothers death. 

I am so blessed to have such wonderful and supportive people in my family. 

I took a few cute pictures of her pulling down wood today and even a short video of her going after a few boards that were high up. The ones that were facing the sun has such a beautiful patina on them that we wanted all we could get from that side of the barn and she was serious about it even bringing a few ladders and a crow bar.

I am exhausted as it is now 4 a.m. and I have had a NON-stop day! I hope you have a NON-Stop Blessed day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment