Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Sprucing Up the Old Grill By Using TEAK OIL - I Should Have Known

Over the years, I have shared about using Teak Oil for many things. 

I shared in one post near the beginning that a homeless looking man came up to me while I was on the phone at a second hand store looking at a buffer. He interrupted my call to ask what I was going to "buff" and I told him I needed to wax a trailer. 


He told me about TEAK OIL saying he had a boat and used teak oil on it for years. I have given gratitude for that many MANY times in my life as it has worked on SO many things.... 


I was cleaning up the back yard and cleaning out some things when I had the thought that the Grill was a metal and I have used the teak oil on all sorts of metal and it has worked SO well on them that I thought I should try it on the cast iron grill as it was super dirty and oxidized looking. 

I pulled out the teak oil and started wiping away and WOW the results were amazing! I took a video towards the beginning and then wen all out using it on the complete outside of the grill and it worked like a charm! 

I just did one coat that day and used the grill over the weekend and then took a picture today so it has been about 2 weeks since I polished it up but it still looks fairly good and I think I am going to put another coat on it in the next few weeks when my life calms down a bit. 

I also used a little olive oil brushed on to keep the rust down on the grill racks and I used the "totally awesome Grill Cleaner" from the dollar store on the inside of the grill and then use a hose to spray out the gunk that builds up on the inside. I use the metal brush to scrape off the racks and the burn off all the chemicals before cooking on it. It is fast and easy.

I wish I had thought of using Teak Oil on it sooner frankly, as it looks SO much better.... So, once again I am giving gratitude for the homeless looking man that had the courage to interrupt a phone call and share that gem of advice with me. I think I will put a few links to the other times I have used teak oil on things. 

Teak Oil on the trailer to take off oxidation and dirt and shine it up.
Teak Oil on the garage door to shine it up.
Teak Oil on the vinyl siding window frames
Teak Oil on my kitchen and cupboard cabinets
Teak Oil on knife handles.


As you can see by the list of links above, I have used Teak oil MANY time in my life and it makes things look so good if you take the time to view the links and pictures.... 

This bottom picture is the one from today after a week or two. I think doing another coat or two will have it staying shiny and looking good all season.

Have a Blessed and Shiny Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment