Friday, May 18, 2018

Cleaning the DRYER VENT SCREEN - Do It Often

Many years ago I saw a video about cleaning the dryer vent screen. I had never thought to do that and had always just removed the lint and replaced it into the dryer. 


It showed how the fabric dryer sheets accumulate on the screen and then make it a bit clogged so that when air tries to go through, it doesn't move around as well due to the build up. 


I have since that time washed my dryer vent screens regularly. If you take your dryer vent screen and pour water on it, it will hold water quite well due to the build up in the screen. I put some on and it was there for a good 30-40 seconds and even then dripped through the screen. 

I made a video but have been having problems with my camera and so I lost the video. I hurried and made one at the end but it didn't show the water pooling as I had already sprayed and scrubbed the screen before the second video but I did take pictures but water being clear, they don't show up all that well. 

I use "totally awesome cleaner" for most of my cleaning projects and it worked great on the dryer vent screen. I just sprayed it on and used a soft brush and it cleaned right up. 

Rinse it completely and then tap it on the edge of the tub or large sink and all the little collected bits of lint will tap off along with all the water in the screen. It will dry quickly and I let it dry in the dryer as the air flow is great after cleaning. 

Hopefully the video and pictures are clear but basically, just clean the screen about once a month depending on how many loads of laundry you do and how many dryer sheets you use. I personally like the smell of them and have heard that dryer sheets will keep bugs away so I use them in every load. 

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Have a Blessed Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment