Thursday, November 9, 2017

Taking a Health Day - It Is Getting COLD

I woke to knocking early this morning to find that one of my sprinkler heads has broken.

Winterization of the yard has been on my "to do" list for weeks now. Lately, I chose to get other things off my list but, was forced to look at the issue today. 

I turned off the sprinkler main water line and went to drain each sprinkler in the sprinkler box and was greeted with a huge black widow and FROST!

I was surprised that both could be active in the same sprinkler box as I thought that spiders weren't active in cold and to have actual frost in both sprinkler boxes made me wonder how the spider was so quick to move out of view when I opened the box. 

I got the lines drained and have to admit that I didn't get the broken sprinkler head fixed as it was so cold. I am hoping to get a warm spell again and get to that. It was so cold that I decided I was only working in the house. Even then, I wasn't feeling well most of the day.

I have been two days off of any Coke as I am trying to eat healthier and avoid sugar. I am dragging a bit due to no caffeine and low carbs but chose to take a "health" day and just do things that were low stress in the house. I boxed up all the antique games we have been playing and decided to put together the old puzzles I bought awhile back to see if all the pieces were there. 

Out of four puzzles, only one had all the pieces. Of course the last puzzle I did had a rainbow on it! (See my first post on that here) I also cleaned out some of my closet and have taken it easy today. I don't usually allow myself to do that but I feel like I may be getting a cold or something so taking it easy and eating some curry soup sounded like a good idea. 

When I got online to write my post today, I noticed that I had 111 views today and 11,116 views last month. (See my post about that here) I took it as a good sign that I chose right taking a "health day!" 

Have a Blessed Health Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment