Thursday, November 2, 2017

New Halloween Ideas - Fun Bag Ideas and Some Cleaning While I Wait

As you know, I have been working super hard on the house and windows the past month or two and I was hoping to finish the windows today.


I got them cleaned, but when I started to teak oil them, the oil was old and was making the siding yellow. I decided to do the rest tomorrow after purchasing some new oil. By that point, the kids were starting to come for trick or treating. 

I still have so much to get done, so I decided to clean the inside windows while I waited between groups of kids. I had already set up the pirate and all the jewelry and candy that I  have been giving out for the last few years and with that, I noticed that the white trim around the door had collected some red dust and it has been about a year since I painted it.  

I decided that I would clean the front porch and wash the trim and both sides of the doors in between the groups of kids rather than the windows. I also was able to sweep the front porch and walk. It was a great use of my time as I usually only had a minute or two before the next group of kids would come. 


Also, I had another fun thing I wanted to share today. One of the last groups that came to the house had the cutest and most functional and creative trick-or-treating bags! 

The mom made the bags out of DUCT or DUCK tape She made them size appropriate for the child and also made them to match the costume of each child. They said I could take pictures and put them on my blog. It was great. She lined the inside and outside of the bag and the entire thing was made entirely out of Duck tape! No worry about those bags ripping and also a fun craft idea for the kids to do before the big night. 

The other thing I wanted to share was one of my last visitors for the night as well. They did something I have never seen before either. She had her kids wear their school backpacks on the front with the straps on the back. 

It gave them easy access treat bags to put the kids candy but they didn't have to drag a bag around. The bags wouldn't rip or break. They had both hands free, it was such a great idea. I can't tell you how many times we had kids get holes in the bag and trails of candy following them. Or, they use a pillowcase but it is so long it dragged. 


I wish I had come up with that idea when my kids were little! She also put glow sticks all over her kids packs, necks, wrists etc so that the kids would also been visible. 

Two great ideas that I thought I would share as I have never seen any of them before. 

This morning I had a little knock at the door which woke me up. I guess my neighbors children compared what they got in their treat bags and one felt sad that he didn't get a watch. They skipped out of the house unnoticed by their mother and came knocking. I thought one of my neighbors was hammering as it was such a soft noise and by the time I realized they were knocking, they were at the corner.

I texted their mom and had her send them back over and they picked up another neighbor on the way and they were thrilled to pick out another three items each. I was glad I didn't clean it up the night before. It was really cute. 

Have a Blessed Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment