Friday, November 3, 2017

Finished Teak Oil on the Aluminum Siding Picture Window

It is so crazy to me that something that used to take me a day to get done, now takes me a week or two. 

I wish I could get rid of these parasites so I could sleep better and have the protein I eat go to energy verses being tired all the time and feeling that I get nothing done! 

Anyway, enough venting...

Good NEWS! I finally finished cleaning and putting teak oil on the aluminum siding edges around my picture window!!! It is a super happy day for me. You can see in the above picture how there is a dullness to the left of the picture and the right side is shiny. That is the difference that teak oil makes! It protects the metal and paint from oxidation and dirt. The right side is dry with teak oil! 

I showed you a few days back how I was cleaning the window using different products and have a comparison video. Here is a link to that post.

So this week, I finished cleaning the entire window and also the minerals off the other aluminum window frames that has accumulated over the years and it has only taken me over three years! Here is a link to the first time I mentioned wanting to wash the window and teak oil it. The link shows how super dirty the window was to begin with. In the daylight, you can't really see how dirty it is but halfway through the linked post, you can see how super dirty it was. 

I took some pictures with it fully clean and was very excited to get that done as it is the hardest part. Halloween day, I actually washed the windows outside since I had finished cleaning the metal around the frame. Today, I was able to apply the Teak Oil as I had to purchase a new container of teak oil due to the one I had getting old and yellowing. 

I took a video of me halfway finished so you could see the shine it gives once you apply it and also took some pictures but it was sunny and may be hard to see in the video and pictures but hopefully you will be able to see. 

I also took a video a bit later after I had finished all the windows and took video of the aluminum windows as well as the siding picture window to show how good it can look. 

I am SO happy to have that off the list. Unfortunately, I think I share how bad the new gutters make the facing around the gutters look as they are SUPER dirty so I will need to spend some time next year cleaning that problem. However, I found some stuff at Walmart that has some bleach in it and you spray it using a hose onto the gutters area and then let it sit for 15 minutes and then you scrub it, then rinse.

It has bleach in it so it would be really great if it took off the grime but I worry about the paint itself and the product does tell you to test the product in a non-obvious place. Maybe I will stick to what I know works.... I will have to feel that out in the spring as I have other projects that need to be done before snow.

I know you probably don't care that I got my window done as most people probably don't have this problem with their newer houses etc but it also works on garage doors, trailers, boats, and fiberglass! And if you remember, anything made out of wood!

Here is a link to my kitchen and bathroom cupboards getting a facelift using Teak Oil.

Here is one where I freshen up my wood handled steak knives.

Yea for getting something off the "TO DO" list! 

Have a BLESSED DAY~

No comments:

Post a Comment