Friday, October 20, 2017

Rainbows and Temples and Sunsets - Oh My

It has been some time since I have been to this favored temple of mine as I have been dealing with car issues, health issues and being super busy. 

I used to go each week for years and LOVED when I did that. But then, the health issues started and I nearly went off the road a few times being so tired and the friends that used to drive with me had moved and I figured I had better figure out what was going on with my health rather than driving myself and taking chances. I stopped going weekly and would go when others were driving. 

I miss going often but have been able to attend as I can and also visiting other temples as the opportunity arises. 

One of my favorite things I did a few years back, was cleaning the temple. They close for two weeks annually for cleaning and I was blessed to help a few years back and LOVED being able to assist in cleaning such a holy building. I always feel peace when attending and count it a blessing in my life. 

I signed up to help clean this past week and nearly canceled twice as I have been dealing with some health issues and even an hour before leaving, I was worried I may not be able to go but was determined to try and prayed my body would go along. 

I was driving to the temple in the BEAUTIFUL new car my dad and step-mom helped me get and was giving gratitude for the wonder of how blessed I am when a rainbow showed up just in front of me and ended at the temple! 

If you don't read this blog, you may not know that my mother sang us "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" every night when I was little and we sang it at her funeral and whenever I need a "pick me up" mother moment, a rainbow seems to show up. Here is a link to a post about that.

I LOVED that it ended at the temple! In our religion, we believe that families are sealed together not until "death do us part" but we believe families are eternal and we can be sealed to them for eternity in the Holy Temple of  God. So, we go to the temple for the first time for ourselves and then after that, we go and do temple ordinances for our ancestors.

We can be sealed to them forever as we believe we were individuals before coming to earth and are the same spirit once we die. Baptisms for the dead and other temple ordinances of washing, anointing and sealing's were done in biblical times and we believe we must have these ordnances done for our own salvation. 

I believe my mother was letting me know she was with me in my journey today as I had been in bed until 4 p.m. today and had gone to bed with a migraine last night. I had stomach issues and some other health things going on that made it hard for me to go but I was SO grateful I was able to go and help clean, it was a wonderful night. 

I wish I had stopped when I first saw the rainbow as it was so clear but didn't pull over until a bit later when I looked behind me and saw the burning sunset. It was SO beautiful. The night was great and the best part was, I have Princess Five home with me for the rest of the weekend! Even though the day started off not so great, it ended amazingly! 

Remember the "pot of gold" at the end of the rainbow is the knowledge we get attending the TEMPLE!

Have a BLESSED Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment