Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Vintage Game Weekend - Mork and Mindy - Casper -The Rescuers

I had Princess Five home this weekend. I LOVED having her come. 

As you know, I buy old games that look fun. We have several posts on here of fun games that I purchased and we have enjoyed playing them.

Here is a link to a fun game called "Hoopla" that was fun. Here is one about "Mr. Mouth" that was also fun. If you want to read about the other games, type "old game" in the search box at the bottom of the home page and you will see lots.

I have been collecting these games for the past 8 months or so to play with Princess Five when we had time. She had a few days off school and we had time to play most of the games in the pile. 

I let her pick the game she wanted to play next and she rated the ones she liked with "thumbs up" and for the most part, the games were fun just because we were playing them together.

We played a Casper the Friendly Ghost game from the 1950's which is basically the same game as Parcheesi. When I was first married, we would have another couple come over and stay late into the night playing Parcheesi.

I haven't played that game in years so when I played this game with Princess Five, I was able to teach her the strategies that you learn from years of playing.

She really liked the game and actually beat me. It was really fun and I like that it had a theme. I made a short video of each game and give instructions on some. 

The Rescuers game was very easy to play and kids of any age would be able to play it. It could be a fun day watching the movies and playing this game. Princess Five left to return to college and I finished playing the game for both of us. 

The Mork and Mindy game was all new to Princess Five. She had never seen the show so all the words were new to her. Truly, I didn't watch it all that much so some of the words were a bit foreign to me as well.

I basically remembered "nanu" and "Orson" but the rules were clear and we had a funny moment while playing and it may be worth watching the video. 

There is a space or two where you have to play "pirate dice" type of thing and tell the other players what you rolled and can bluff or not. 

I rolled and told her I had a three and a four. She called me "bluffing" and I said, "How did you know so fast?" she told me "Um, there are no fours on the dice!" I laughed until I was close to tears. We had been playing for ten minutes or so. I couldn't believe that I hadn't noticed. 


There is one square where you have to put a card on the head and guess what it says. It was a fun game. I enjoyed the weekend and just spending time with Princess Five! 

I have a few more games to share tomorrow. Have a Blessed Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment