Thursday, October 5, 2017

The Closet Cleanout - Fun Weekend with Two Princesses

Princess Two and Three gave me a good weekend this past weekend. They came down to support one of their sisters in an activity but told me they would stay for a few days. 


I hate having them help me with anything while they come home as I don't want them to feel like they have to work every time they come home so I usually try to do something fun so they don't avoid coming home in the future. 

I just wanted to play some games and eat some good food but they had different ideas. They said they would help me in the yard but it wasn't great weather and I didn't want to get started in the yard if I wouldn't be able to finish and we had a few other activities going on so I told them I didn't want to get working in the yard.

Princess Three hasn't been able to go through any of her stuff since she moved out of that room over four years ago. She moved out of her room and within weeks of moving out, Princess Five moved into the room. All Princess Threes stuff was boxed up and put in three different places. She had some in the closet in that room, some in the "toy" closet under the stairs and some in the garage which is ripped apart presently.

I know she would have liked to go through some of the bins over the last four years, but it seems like she usually comes down two or three times a year when everyone else is down and the last thing I want to do during the holidays is to rip apart closets and sort. 


She was able to get into the closets and dig through the bins and basically, we got rid of half of the bins she had stored as much of it was class notes, friends notes and unwanted items. 

We had a fun time reading some of the notes she kept from high school and had a good laugh at a note written by Princess Five for a school assignment when she was in middle school and Princess Three was moving to college. She wrote a note and then made a funny comic strip depicting how the future was going to be now that Princess Three wouldn't be home to help with chores anymore. 

We were able to build a fire with the large pile of papers she had to get rid of and you can see the three boxes of stuff here and I now have three more piled up since then as I am trying to continue my "clean out" I have mentioned a few times in the past several months. I try to go through one drawer or cupboard a day and get rid of things that I am not using or don't need now that my kids are all out of the house. 

I have about 6 cases of beans, veggies, tomatoes etc that I haven't used and with the girls gone, I won't use. I will be taking those to the food bank to donate hopefully tomorrow so I can use the space for all my T-shirt bins that I have going while I work on finishing the quilts I have cut. 

It will be nice to keep organizing the house and get things back to where I would like them. It has been about 7 years since I was up on things and then Princess Ones wedding and Princess two being sick on her mission, the subsequent surgeries and on and on for the past several years. 

I truly pray my life will calm down and be a more functional life and get my yard and house organized. 

I will let you enjoy the comic strip by Princess Five showing how the chores went after Princess Three moved to college. It was funny that she chose to write about that. 

Have a Blessed Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment