Monday, September 11, 2017

Happy Birthday To ME - Easy Fifty


This year, and the past few actually, have been so crazy that my birthday hasn't been a big deal.

I had a friend turn 50 last year and it was a huge deal to her. Her family and friends really went all out. I think she was not happy that I didn't make a big deal. 

I talked with her on the phone and told her that I always say I am "fifty" or nearly 50 all the time. I don't think people care if you are 48 or 52. It only matters to you. I figure once you are over 21, really, no one cares about milestones but you. 

I do think your kids care if you are old and they are younger but for the most part, I don't think people care much about other peoples age. 
My girls wanted to do something big for me, they were going to send me to New Zealand for a visit with one of my girls. However, my health is not the best, I am dealing with so many issues and have so much going on, I don't think a visit right now would be enjoyable with all I have going on.

I would just want to visit with my friends there and I think that my daughter would rather see the "hobbit" shire and tour the country. My feet are swelling being at home and until I can figure out those problems, and my lung issues, I don't want to fly that far and maybe not have a good trip. 

I shared my concerns and the girls asked what I wanted for my birthday, I shared that mowing and edging the lawn takes me a few days with how little energy I have and I would love to just hire someone to do it for me. 

The girls all gave me money and this week was the first week I had someone come and mow and edge my lawn! It was WONDERFUL! I have been out of town for 1 1/2 weeks and to be able to drive home and see that beautiful mowed lawn, I smiled and every time I look out the window today, I felt such gratitude and relief that my grass wasn't a foot high.

The guy that mowed said they had to mow a few places twice since it was so long. I forgot to call him last week as it was so crazy so I was so glad I got ahold of him to do it this week

When I arrived home, there were several birthday cards and a birthday package from Japan from Princess Four! I videoed me opening the package so Princess Four could maybe see it as I know she has a few friends in Japan that view my blog. 

I LOVE my girls and am so grateful that they all would care enough about my needs to provide this blessing for me in my life. I actually do enjoy doing yard work but I am SO tired with all the health issues and busy schedule that I have to pick and choose what I spend my energy on. 

One of my sisters sent me a package of hand knit gloves, and a card, I got a bunch of texts and I listened to a voicemail my mother sang for me a few years back that I have saved. It was a good birthday. I was home living alone by myself for the first time in my entire life and my birthday was a bit weird as I bought myself some steak and sushi and artichokes. It was wonderful to have a good meal and relax for the first time in months after moving Princess Five to college and it was before the surgery. 

I am so grateful that my girls are all alive and doing well even though we have things come up. I am grateful to have made it to 50! I am grateful for my dad and his amazing wife who sent me a lovely card and am grateful for all they do for me and my girls so often. 

I hope you have a BLESSED DAY!



No comments:

Post a Comment