Tuesday, September 5, 2017

The Big Move For Princess Five

The past few weeks have been like a blur.

I can't remember what I have posted about and what I haven't. My camera SD cards are full and it looks like I only posted half of the pictures I have taken. There really have just been so many things that I haven't been able to keep up. 

I thought I would catch up a little today by posting about Princess Five moving to college. I moved her to college a week ago last Friday.


We loaded up our two cars and I wondered a little when our cars weren't as full as in the past when I would move a girl to college but figured Princess Five knew what she was doing. 

It was kinda cute when we got there on Friday and hauled everything into the apartment and I started unpacking and asked her where her dishes were and she said, "Um, in my closet at home." :-)

Yes, there were several things "we" forgot to pack and take to college.

We had to contact a friend who was moving in the next day to see if they could take a few things from our home to Princess Five as I knew I would be getting back super late.

We started moving in at just after 4 p.m. I didn't get home until after midnight. I didn't think it would take us much time to move her in as she is in a shared room. Her book shelf and microwave were already at the apartment as we let some friends borrow those after Princess Four graduated last year. It was really nice to be able to have those larger items being functional for someone rather than me trying to find a place to store them.

We gave her desk to a friends son to use as he used it last year and really liked it. My girls have never liked desks so they just put stuff on it and used the drawers for storage so it was a blessing for him to have it and for me not to have to move it as we would have had to take the suburban and it has terrible gas mileage.

I realized after a few minutes of unpacking that Princess Five didn't take any winter clothing. Her closet was nearly empty compared to her sisters when they moved in. They had winter sweaters, jackets, and coats. 

She said she could come home to visit before then. I personally think she didn't want to completely move in. She was a bit nervous heading off to college and so we had friends pick up a full length mirror, dishes and a bin of other items that were forgotten. Then, two days later, I dropped off a bag of other items to another person headed off to the same college.

When I went into her room at home to collect the items needed, it looked like she hadn't moved out. She still has lots of clothes in her closet and drawers. 

When the other girls moved out, there was someone in the wings waiting to take the bigger room and now there is no one wanting that room so it is almost like she is still there. 

I still think we are missing a bin somewhere with a mattress pad, cutting board, serving spoons, and other kitchen items but I am sure we will find it at some point.


Princess Five wanted to go home for the weekend and pick up more of her stuff she left home but I was in another city caring for the surgery patient so she found a ride with someone from school to the city where I was in a last minute event.

It was wonderful to have her with me on the long weekend. We played games, shopped, and she got to catch up with a few friends in the area playing pool etc.

She spent lots of time working on memorizing her lines. Her first week at school, she tried out for a play and got one of the leads! She beat out some returning students as a Freshmen so that was an ego booster for her. 

She is also taking a theater class and needs to do an audition this week singing so she was working on it quietly this morning and I asked her if she would sing it for the camera as she usually won't.

She said she would and I got the camera out but I was still waking up and didn't open the blinds. I need to get a new camera as you can barely hear her over the loud noise of the camera hum that both of my cameras have now.  

She came with me to bunko last month and won this cute rug which we hung on the wall of her apartment near the door. I am glad she is doing well at college and keeping busy. I also have been keeping busy which is probably a good thing now that I am an empty nester!

Have a Blessed Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment