Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Internet Frustration - Three Days Off.....

I had such a frustrating month with internet. You can see I had some problems for some time with my internet. The company I use said my internet was bumped down slower than I was paying for due to problems with it being slow on my end. 

I put in a new modem thinking the problem may be on my end. Click here to see this post. That was towards the end of the last month. I had been having problems for some time and when it rained, it seemed to be when the line didn't work. I was hoping that the new modem was going to fix the problem but it didn't work.

On Wednesday, after a week of things not working well for some time, our internet only worked for a few minutes during the day. On Thursday, it worked even less and the time was so short, I couldn't post. I called the internet company and they couldn't get anyone out here until Tuesday morning. We didn't have a second of internet from Thursday until 2 in the morning last night. 

I was so frustrated when my phone started beeping as I knew the line was working again. I was hoping that the line would still be down when the repair man showed as he can't do anything as long as the line is working.

My neighbor has had lots of problems with slow internet as well and she came over while the repair man was working on my line. We are paying for faster internet but can't get the faster speeds. The repair guy told me to call immediately if it goes out again and I told him it was just a matter of rain. I worry when the snow comes as it will be much harder to fix with frozen ground. 

He said there are only three more places it could be. Hopefully, it will happen before snow. It just gets worse each rain and we have never been without internet for three days. I am hoping when they fix it, they will be able to increase my speed. It takes over an hour for a few minute video to upload. 

The repair man said that most people only download things and not many upload and that may be a problem for me since I do upload. This is the first time in five years I haven't posted something for every day. I have been late due to internet etc but I have uploaded something for each day. I am not going to go back and post for those two days but will post this for today's post and begin again tomorrow. 

I have been giving gratitude for internet these past few days as not having it makes me grateful when I do, even though it may be slow, at least I have it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment