Friday, October 25, 2013

Duct Tape Make-up Bag


A few years ago the girls all got one of these plastic heart make-up or pencil cases on our annual Valentines treasure hunt. See this years post about that here. See last years hunt here. See the first post about it here.


Princess Four and Five asked me to show them how to put on make-up. I thought that was weird since they have had make-up put on for years with dance teams and photo shoots so I thought it funny they asked. 

I got new make-up for them both and gave them everything they would need in the colors best for their eyes and coloring. I gave them each a set and Princess Four had a make-up bag already as she sometimes uses a little on special occasions. Princess Five didn't have a bag for all her make-up stuff so she asked me if I had one. 


I pulled out a few and then she remembered she had the little heart bag she was using for her ipod case or something. 

She went and got it and thought she would rather not have the hearts and asked if she could cover it with Duck Tape. I told her with the amount of Duck Tape we have, she could make several bags. See a post about our Duck Tape collection here.


She picked her favorite colors for the job and just went at it layering the tape one over the other until it was covered. 

This method can be used for anything. Ripping binder corners, purses, backpacks or anything really. 

If you type "Duck Tape" into the search box at the bottom of my blog, you can see lots of our more viewed posts on Duck Tape items. We have pants, capes, gloves, suspenders, shirts and a few more I am sure I am forgetting.

She took off the little heart pull tab and braided herself a matching pull tab out of embroidery floss of the same colors that she chose to use of the Duck Tape. She just tied it on and in a knot as you can see in some of the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment