Monday, February 18, 2013

Annual Valentines Day Treasure Hunt


Because of the long weekend due to Presidents day, Princess and Prince number one decided to come down for the weekend and Princess three also came home. It was WONDERFUL that we could all spend the weekend together. 

We did our annual treasure hunt that the girls love and I don't remember it taking me so long to set up. We had lots going on today but we still all enjoyed it after I got it ready. 

Part of the wonder of the day was going to visit our friend whose wife passed away this past week. We sang him his favorite Hymn and took him a sucker bouquet and a sign that talks about how, "When we lose a loved one, they become a memory that lives with us." or some something similar to that. 


To me, that was the best part of the day. 

I got the scavenger hunt, yreasure hunt ready and Prince number one has never had the opportunity to participate in our annual Valentine hunt. He was as excited as any of the girls. 

He didn't quite get all the clues I left as he doesn't know our belongings and decorating as well as the girls but he follow the pack and ended up at the right place as the girls followed the clues to the next hiding spot for their treat. 

There were about 15 stops in all. Some were more hidden but if there is a hard clue, I just give information on the clue to make it detailed so we can have it go a bit quicker. 

For example, one talked about doing something "remotely" and we have several rooms with "remotes" in them so they raced around the house looking for the right room. 
 
I wrote them each a card telling them how much I appreciate them and put it in the mailbox with some stickers and Valentines.  

I had to get creative because as soon as they knew we were going to start, they rushed to check all the spots I've used before. 

The only one that was the same as one we have used before was the dryer. I put on it they should "Vent" about something and they picked up on that hint quickly. On the vent, it said, "Look inside"  so they could get the treat as I didn't want the treats on the floor.
 
We had a great day running for "treasure" and spending to together. 

Here is a picture of the clan huddling about near our mail box.

They all enjoyed the pirzes they recieved. I gave them all a bag to start with and they collected their " treasures"and put them in the bag. 

Once done, they sat in the living room and sorted their "prizes" like you do a Christmas stocking. 
 
Princess number one's favorite prizes were the chocolates. They each got their own box and the family got several wonderful chocolate items... 

To make it a bit more exciting, I sprinkled little hears all over the stairs and they all started looking for clues on the hearts thinking they were somehow connected to our first clue  (which they weren't.) 

I asked Prince number one what he thought about our tradition and he smiled and said he really liked our tradition. 

He was eating just as many chocolates as Princess number one.  

Here is a link to a past treasure hunt. As you can see from their smiles in the pictures, they LOVE the treasure hunt tradition and I love that they still love it.   

I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment