Monday, April 1, 2013

Princess Four and Prom - The Pick Up


I have several things I want to blog about with prom but I don't have all the pictures from their date yet and also, I want to take a close up of her corsage and show you how his mom made it to last and how real it looks. I had no idea until after the date that her corsage was fake flowers. 

Anyway, the date started off late due to them getting back from their day date late. I have never seen anything like they do here before. They have a date either before prom or the next day. I guess because prom is such a big deal, they don't get a "real" date in so they had their date during the day before prom. They all get out of school after lunch but many of them don't actually attend school that day. 

So, we had a bit of a rush to get her ready. You can see several of us doing makeup and hair in the other post but I also french tipped her fingernails just before putting on her dress so you can see her in the top picture holding her hands out to keep them away from her dress. They were mostly dry but she didn't want to take any chances on smudging them or getting any on her dress. 

I only had a second to take pictures as they still had to drive 15 minutes to go get the other boys date who lives out of town. Her dates mom got his tie on Amazon and I thought she did a great job matching the colors having never seen her dress. 

I bought his boutineer but was really unhappy with how it looked and they pulled all the outside leaves off as the rose was old and the bottom was a bit brown as well as the edges of the top. I normally make them but with fixing her dress and other things going on, I didn't want to have to find a cream rose and deal with making it. I would have done better to make it myself but it was ok in the end. Here is a link to how to make them.

I always end up pinning the boutineer on as the girls have tried and it ends up snagging their tux or hanging down and ripping the rose in half or something so I just pinned his on and she had her nails done anyway so that was probably better she didn't also.

As with several other princesses, my father drove down and I will post on that later but she was so radiant when she walked into the room and saw him there. She really had a wonderful night and was happy to be the center of attention for once. With so many amazing and beautiful sisters, she doesn't always get much attention being fourth but she really did like the evening. Getting to wear expensive jewelry, a beautiful dress, having someone do your hair, makeup and nails always makes me feel special.

I took a close up of the top of her dress so you can see the pretty beads. In the pictures, you can see the bottom shimmery but with the flash, you can't see the beading. So, I wanted to let you see how pretty it turned out. I don't know that anyone would have known that the dress wasn't bought in her size and no one could tell I added the sleeves. I asked several friends if they could tell and they all thought the dress came with the sleeves. I actually made her bend and move in the dress while I was fixing it so that she wouldn't have to worry about anything while dancing with him. He is a tall boy and I didn't want her to have to worry that the bodice was loose or revealing. 

Several of her friends came up to her at prom and told her that they wished their dresses were more modest as they kept having to worry and pull it up and felt uncomfortable about the situation. 

I am so glad that she didn't have to have that worry and could just enjoy her evening. 

As her date took her out to the car, he opened her door and when she got in, I snapped several photos of her in the car as he got in. She has a huge grin on her face after she said hello to her friends in the back seat but her eyes were closed so I went with this photo instead. It was a wonderful feeling to have her looking beautiful, ready to go and happy with her dress, jewelry, makeup and hair. It was such a crazy week getting everything ready and all the alterations to the dress that I was grateful to be done with that part and look forward to seeing them at Prom. 

Prom here is like a debutant thing in the south. I will share more about that in another post but for now, I am just one happy mom that it is over and I can now look forward to Easter, camping and Princess fours Sixteenth birthday! So much in one week!

No comments:

Post a Comment