Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Forever Corsage - Fake Wrist Corsage that Looks Real


Having all these Princesses, you would think I have seen it all when it comes to dance items. This one was a new one for me. Princess four's date's mother sews prom gowns and alters dresses. I guess somewhere in that business, she came up with the "Now and Forever" corsage. It came in a box just like regular corsages do so I had no idea that it wasn't real as her date put it on her. She came home later and talked about it and that was the first I knew it was not real flowers. 

I have, in the past, seen these cute bling bracelets that they can wear after the dance, used for wrist corsages as Princess three had them on her real corsage. In the photo, they are reflecting the colors so it looks colored but it is really crystal and looks like blingy diamonds.

She put felt on the bottom of the fake rose leaves.  She had wrapped ribbon around the bracelets and then glued it to itself and then glued the ribbon to the felt. This allowed the bracelets to still move around and they weren't stuck together. 

She started at the base with rose leaves. Then she had satin ribbon at the bottom, then see through chiffon type ribbon, then a few sprigs of silver wire with little diamonds on the edges, then more greenery and then roses. She had one large one in the center and a smaller bud at each edge.

The roses weren't silk. They were almost plastic in feel. It gave them more dimension than a silk flower. They almost had the feel of glycerin leaves but they weren't. 

She had a little shiny Easter egg grass in the bottom of the box just as they did with the boutineer I bought. I  really had no idea it wasn't real. I don't think from the pictures, you can tell it wasn't real either. 

His mom did a fabulous job. During prom, some girls flowers started falling off as they walked down the stairs and it made a huge mess. The rest of the couples were stepping on them and grinding them into the ground. Too bad they all couldn't have had one of these cute corsages. 

Definitely something to try. I probably could have saved myself some money and stress having made a boutineer like this. It couldn't have been any worse than the one I bought.

I thought I would share this since I was so amazed by it. My girlfriend came over after prom to visit from out of town as her son who still lives here went to prom as well. She was also amazed by it and took a few photos so she could make one for her younger son's prom date. It was a very fun idea.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment