Monday, April 22, 2013

Quiet Activity Toy - Busy Weekend


I had three different girls with activities in three different cities hours apart. It was a very busy weekend and one of the difficulties of being a single mom is I can only be in one place at a time. 

I will post about each girls activities from the weekend this week but I am tired so I will just show these cute quiet activities that I made when the older girls were young to help keep them quiet in church. 

They are like the nesting dolls. They all fit inside each other and each different doll fits inside the next bigger doll and each back closes differently. Snaps, lace-up, buttons and zipper. 

You could really make them any shape you wanted but the faces and hair made them look like dolls. 

This is another one of the items the girls would all like to keep as they all played with it many times over when they were little. 

All you need is some felt, pom poms and yarn other than the fasteners. You could also use Velcro and add another doll. You could even make them different shapes so that they could learn their shapes as well as the fasteners.

It could be a family affair and you could have each person design one of the dolls or shapes. There are lots of options. I thought I would just show them as we have been cleaning things out.

Click here for another quiet activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment