Friday, April 5, 2013

Prom Night - Cousins Dancing with Grandpa


Life has been so busy since prom, I haven't had a chance to post about the rest of the night. Not that any of you will probably care, but, I am posting this so that Princess Four knows I care. 

We went out of town for the holiday to our annual Easter Camping with my entire family. Lots going on this week which I posted about yesterday but I still want to get this in before moving on to that stuff. 
 
I had to post lots of days in advance due to our being in the middle of nowhere to camp. I couldn't post those days so there are some fluff posts in between the prom posts.

I just loved the photo of my dad at the top with two of his grand-daughters at prom. He usually just drives down for my daughter as the other cousins that live near us have their dad to dance with them at prom, but, blessings abound that both the last two proms have had two cousins attending so he was able to dance with both grand-daughters getting two dances for the six hour drive. 
 
The girls had their dance with Grandpa and then were off with their dates but I wanted to get a dance with Princess four as well. 

You can see how she is all smiles with her grandpa and he is smiling back getting to dance with a princess. 

I took my chance to dance with princess four and then all the girls took a turn dancing with grandpa since they were there watching the events. (As I have said before, prom here is more like a "coming out" or Debutant ball so people pay to come in and watch.)

At the end before my dad left, I asked to dance with him. It was very funny when I couldn't remember how to dance. I started to put my hands up in the man's position and caught myself and we both laughed and I explained that I often dance with the girls in the kitchen but I am always the man so I was used to leading. We both had a good laugh over that one.  


He finished up dancing with the cousins and family members and left as it was about 11 p.m. and drove the three hour drive to go home. 

The girls enjoyed their evening dancing with Grandpa and Princess Four felt like a Princess due to the fact that Grandpa would drive the six hours for one dance with her. How bless we are to have him as such a wonderful role model of a father and grandfather in our lives. 
 
My girls know how wonderful he is as they see him plan all the family activities, parties and always make camping fun. He does things with each age group and thinks on how he can spend time with them. 

I know so many people who have no father example in their lives or have already lost their father and we are VERY grateful that as my dad nears 80 this year, that he is still able to be such a force for good in the lives of his 50+ grandchildren and 8 children. Not many people leave that kind of legacy to the world. How much better the world is for having him in it! 


We LOVE you Grandpa! Thanks for making the long drive to let us know you LOVE us too! 

And Dad, thanks for saving the last dance for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment