Friday, October 5, 2012

Missionary Reunion and Fashion Show

 Last week, I had a nephew that came home from Mexico where he served as a missionary. It was a wonderful reunion. 

My nephew pictured with Princess two above came home from Taiwan last month. He, like she, has always been thin. He had a very hard time keeping his weight on as they bike and walk everywhere. Also, they were supposed to run every morning. Working all day and not being able to eat all day kept them both thin. His mom was worried when he got home and was hoping she could get him to put some weight back on. He still looks thin.


There was a Chinese person there and Princess said she had a hard time understanding his Chinese as the inflections are a bit different than in Taiwan.  We missed having Princess three there but she had to work. 

Once home, Princess two started going through her bins of clothes she stowed away before going on her mission. I have to say that these are the "I'm not sure I want to keep" clothes as she didn't try on the "I look so cute in this and it is my favorite" clothes. When I took pictures, she told me I should take pictures of her in a cute outfit and not the ones' she was unsure of and with her not having her hair done etc. I think she looks beautiful anyway.

She got rid of some of her clothes but she'd gone through them last year before leaving so there were some she just didn't like anymore and some that she didn't like the way they fit or the color etc. 

She has been trying to get her sisters to go through their clothes so that she may inherit some. The truth be told, she has a great wardrobe and fits them all still so other than getting a few new pair of stylish jeans, I think she is fairly good in the clothes department. 

She has always liked trying on clothes and making cute outfits. Her sisters have tried to keep up on the fashion front as well. It is funny that with five girls, they all have their own style and taste. 

The other day, Princess number four was wearing basket ball shorts and a t-shirt to school and Princess two got "fake" mad saying, "You would never have let us wear that to school." She is right, back then, it wasn't popular but now days, it is all the rage. 


I can't see Princess two wearing them even now so I don't know why it was so upsetting to her as she wouldn't wear them anyway. :-) And, why would she? She looks so cute in her long sweaters and shirts. Look how adorable she looks in this cute zipper belt. She didn't really like the black shirt anymore but LOVED the zipper belt. 


Someone is creative and the belt is made of fabric rosettes with a long zipper sewed to the outside of it. I had to take a close up picture as I haven't seen anything quite like it before but still think it is cute. 

Princess is still unpacking things and going through the mail and wedding invitations and other things that came while she was gone. She has gone through most of her clothes but some are still buried in the garage in totes as she moved back from her apartment and they got stored there with the apartment items. 


She isn't sure what she wants to do yet but is slowly coming back. I noticed that my nephew that served in Taiwan is still a little bit in shock as well. They are both more quiet and reserved than they used to be. They both don't talk as much. They are both thin. However, he was there a year longer than she was and has been back twice as long. 

I think they will both get back to normal. Princess shows more and more of her true self daily. Each day, I recognize her more and more. I'm not sure why that mission is so much more difficult than others, perhaps it is because the language is so much harder to learn. 


She still covers her mouth when she laughs, smiles or is eating. She said they all do that and I have seen it before so I know it is true. She is feeling better and better each day as she has been able to rest more. I am glad to have her home and feeling better.        

No comments:

Post a Comment