Monday, October 29, 2012

Any Wisdom in Those Teeth?


We had a bit of an unexpected trip this week. We found that our insurance is going to be canceled in a few days so we decided it would be a good time to get some wisdom teeth out. 

Actually, I had tried for awhile to get it scheduled but in a small town, often we don't have anyone come that can do it and when I tried to schedule her way back when, the Dr. had just come for his last visit and they didn't have anyone coming to town that removes impacted wisdom teeth. 
 
Fast foward a few months. My friends son got his teeth out in a town about 1 hour away. I asked my friend for the name of the guy that does it. 

I had it for about a week but found an add in the local flyer that said if you were willing to go an extra hour on the drive, they would give you a free gas card and take $100 off the drive and all they do is Wisdom teeth removal. 
 
I hadn't called yet as our schedule has been so crazy with Princess number 2 coming home and my yard issues.

With news of our insurance issues, I was going to call the man on the add when my sisters mentioned that I could probably find a place closer to home and still get a good deal. She texted and emailed me the name of a place in a town an hour away.
 
I called them and they said they were going to be in that town the next day and could fit us in at the end of the schedule. 

I got the car serviced and rotated the tires and off we went after school on Friday. They were over an hour behind by the time we get in. Princess four was a bit scared but I thought she did very well. 
 
It took me an hour to get the prescriptions at Walmart on the way home and by the time I got them and got them in her and had her eat something before taking them, she was sobbing in pain. I felt so sad for her.

It took quite some time for the pain pills to get working but by the time we got close to home, they kicked in and she was OUT in the car. I'll share more tomorrow because I am falling asleep at the computer again and you know how that goes. zzzzzzzzzzzzz lol

This last photo is her after 48 hours and you can hardly tell the cheeks are swollen. Wahoo for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment