Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Just About the Longest Day Ever - Princess and Parasites


This post seems like "deja vu" as princess number two was sitting in the same lab that Princess number one sat in two years ago next month. Here is a link to her post. 

I am sorry that I didn't fix the resolution on my phone camera before taking these photos but you are getting what you get because I have had one of the longest days I can remember in a VERY long time. 

OK, so I have long days often this past crazy year. There has just been a lot of long days this past month so I am going to try to get this post done quickly and get to bed. 

I helped a friend out until 2 a.m. last night and then had to get up early and take Princess to a land far away to meet prince charming... Oops, wrong story. (So I did warn you I was tired!) But, I did have to take princess to a distant city to see a Dr. It was a different doctor but in the same clinic as Princess number one. The lab was the same as well. 

The Dr. was great and it was weird that he said something about a parasite that causes seizures and I did a little double take at Princess because she had a dream while on her mission that she was at home and had "bugs" inside her and they caused her to fall in the kitchen and have a seizure. 

Even weirder is that two of the missionaries in her mission had tape worms in the past few months and the parasite that gives you seizures if it gets in the brain..... pork tapeworm. So, we are hoping that whatever happens, Princess two can get it figured out quickly.  

They did seven vials of blood and are checking for 8 things from the other end and a few other things as she has had a few other issues in the past few weeks. 

She looked a little pale and wouldn't look at the vials or her arm as they took the blood but smiled once it was over. We will have to wait for a few weeks to find the results but for some of her symptoms, they are going to just go ahead and treat her. 

Keep her in your prayers.... Thanks for the one's you already sent her way!

No comments:

Post a Comment