Monday, February 7, 2011

Dance With Me.... Prom Blessings Part 2

My third daughter has been excited for prom for awhile now. We found a beautiful dress months ago. I was blessed to find it at a discount. It was new but the zipper had come apart. I talked them down to $60 and was able to put the zipper together again in a few minutes and stitch it up by hand so it wouldn't break again.


I got a call this week and a male friend of hers asked to come and ask her to prom. Silly me, after the mylar glitter incidence about six years ago, I used to ask what they were going to do since we never got the glitter out of the books, carpet etc. We found some just the other day.


I took my daughter out "shopping" and they came and did "the fun stuff." I was glad my oldest was here or we would have had a revisit of the mylar incident. They were about to dump it around her room when she warned them there would be a death if they threw it around her room so they just sprinkled her bed. We still found pieces of mylar all over the house as his "ask" turned out to be a house wide scavenger hunt. Funny thing is, we do that every year for Valentines day and he hid the clues in many of the places we hide our clues.


He sent her around the house so she trailed mylar confetti as she and the rest of the family followed her around taking pictures and video of the fun event. We picked it up for days.


As you can see by the picture, she was very excited to find out who asked her to prom. She is going with her group of friends and because we were so blessed to already find a dress which makes her feel like a princess, (she has tried it on many times already) I know she will have a wonderful time.


I'll have to blog about the cute way she answered him. What a fun time of life for them. I hope my dad can come down. He never quite recovered from his fall on the ice... If not, I am blessed with many brothers and in-laws who would willingly be her "Date" for the "Father/daughter" dance. How blessed we are!

1 comment:

  1. So fun! I remember the excitement of getting asked to dances was almost as exciting as the dance itself.

    ReplyDelete