Monday, January 24, 2011

Cool Flashlight In a Baseball Hat

I found this really cool thing I bought for my kids for when we go camping this weekend. I went into Kmart to question a double charge to my account when I noticed they had a few carts of discounted items. I wasn't planning on shopping but they needed to go make copies of the charges. While I waited, I walked over and found these baseball hats by Craftsman.


They have two bright LED lights sewn into the visor of the hat. I have seen little things that clip onto the hat before but you have to tuck in the battery and clip it on and it can fall off etc. I have also see and have owned three different types of flashlights that have an elastic strap that fits over your head. They work well but leave you with weird lines on your head and in your hair.


These hats have the two lights which are white LED's and the batteries are inside the flap of the hat on a swivel so you flip them up to change the battery and back down into the lining the rest of the time. Smart design and idea.


The switch to turn them on is on the underside of the brim of the hat and is a push button. The underside is black which hides the button well. I only had two weaker batteries at home so when I arrived home, I put those weaker batteries in and was really pleased with how bright the lights were. I am sure with the right batteries, it would be even brighter.


I went into a dark room and was able to take this picture without a flash on my camera without adjusting the settings. I was really impressed with the lights.


I can't tell you how many times my kids walk off with flashlights that don't return while camping. They go home in another trailer or with another family or just get left behind. We are always looking for them. This will solve that. Put their name in the hat, put it on their head or even put a string on the hat and hang the sting around their neck so if it blows off or they don't want to wear it, it doesn't get lost.


I am impressed at how thin the front of the cap is considering there are lights and wires in it. It looks almost like any other cap. I like the fact that it lets your hands be free to carry things.


I got them for half off $15 but I am sure if you look for them online you could probably find them cheaper.


I'm giving them to the kids for Valentines day so they can take them Easter camping!
Wouldn't it be fun to have the family wear these, turn all the lights out in the house and play hide and seek!

No comments:

Post a Comment