Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Flower Power - Face painting

I used to use Halloween make-up to paint faces way back when and then someone told me that when they painted faces for carnivals or Halloween, they used acrylic paint. After that, the sky is the limit.


I for years have painted the kids faces for Halloween costumes. I got a call this year from a neighbor who had her grand-daughter for Halloween. She asked if I could paint her face. I painted a flower on one cheek and a butterfly to match her costume in purple and orange on the other.


When I had finished, my girls all told me they wanted flowers on their faces. So, I quickly painted one on each of them. My youngest decided she liked it and decided to be a fairy for Halloween rather than what she planned so she didn't wash it off in the shower and kept it on for the next day.


The thing I like about using acrylic rather than make-up is that it dries and doesn't smear. If you use Halloween make-up, it is oil based and gets all over the costumes etc if they scratch their noses.


Most of my photos of the faces I have painted over the years are on regular film waiting in my pile of pictures that are in my trunk waiting to be scanned at Wal-Mart on their scanners where I can scan them all quickly on professional scanners and then get them on a disc for $3. Then, I can print them off as needed or use them on my blog and so they are on my "to do" list for about 3 weeks now but with everything going on, it has been crazy.
I actually have them in the pile to blog about some fun traditions we have over Halloween so hopefully I can get them done soon and share those traditions with you.

So, this post may be a little lame but considering I am rearranging a house and digging through bins to find my daughters winter clothes for her return from the hot, humid Philippines to snow, making Dr. appointments etc. I hope you are tolerant and enjoy my short but sweet posts this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment