Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My First Christmas Present


We put up some of our Christmas stuff tonight. My oldest pulled out some of the items she bought in the Philippines and I got my first Christmas present. She bought me a hand carved native nativity. I never noticed how close those two words were before typing them together. Native and Nativity.

Anyway, it is a Native Nativity. It is so cute with the little hut. I will cherish it. I also put up my Native American Nativity. I have yet to pull out my Peruvian Nativity and a few others but it was fun pulling out the traditions. Since my divorce I haven't decorated the house much as I am so busy with other things. It is sad that my younger children have no memories of much of our decorations for any of the holidays because I have only done the basics when it comes to "extra" stuff trying to get the basics done on the house, yard, family, community, and church.

I will try to be better this year and get out a few of the traditional items we used to put up. The youngest two girls will be going with their dad over the Christmas break so if I want them to enjoy it, I had better get it done this week.

Here is to family traditions.....

No comments:

Post a Comment