Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Curls, Girls and Curls on Girls

I spent the weekend with a friend from high school I haven't seen in 25 years. I have always had a bit of natural wave in my hair. She had lots of natural curl. Her hair looked so cute.


We were staying in a condo. After swimming, she did her hair and I was amazed. She put some gel in it and used her finger to curl it. It looked so cute.


So, I tried it with my hair. With her hair having more curl than mine, I didn't get as tight curls with her light gel. So, today, I tried several types of hair gel and styling aids to see which would work best for my hair which has just a bit of natural wave.


Here is my hair without anything on it after showering.
I used several different types of gel and aids to make ringlets in my hair. Basically, you just rub some gel into your hair, use a comb to comb it out in small amounts and then you use your finger to twist it around and around until it forms a ringlet. I did find that the ringlets held better if I used a bobby pin to hold the ringlet for a few minutes while I worked on the next few.


Here are the styling aids I used. My favorite was the Tresemme and the Loreal anti Frizz creme.
Flat Out was close behind. My suggestion would be to try several and keep what works. She did say that a good salon shampoo and conditioner were a must. She also said that someone taught her this a few years ago and that she wished she had learned it earlier as that it worked well in humid climates and she lived in Hawaii for years and wished she could have done it while living there as her hair was always frizzy there.


What I liked about it is that you can leave with your hair wet and ringlet it wherever you go, even in the car. You can see that the ringlets on the right in the top picture weren't as tight as the left. It was the products I used. I used each product for two or three ringlets. I will try this again with the one that held the best but I want to try it with different shampoo and conditioner. She said it really made a difference in her hair.


I want to try this on my kids. Happy Ringlets!

No comments:

Post a Comment