Tuesday, March 30, 2021

My Sister and Her Husband are Such a BLESSING

I haven't driven my suburban in almost 2 years. It was August 2019 when we took it to the lake. With Covid, we didn't go last year. 

With the car sitting for almost 2 years without running, the tires cracked and went flat. I have spent days calling places and looking for tires as my tires were a size 16 rim and those tires are hard to find used. 

I was going to drive a few hours away to get some and then one dealership suggested that I put larger rims on as they are move common and there were LOTS of 17 inch rims for sale and many more tires than the 16 inch so I started looking into buying new rims and tires. 

I told my sister this, and she called me later saying that her husband wanted to put a lift on his truck and get new bigger tires and rims and they got an insurance payout that would cover it as he was doing the work on the ruined car himself, so she said they wanted to give me their tires and rims. 

I was so excited to know that I didn't have to worry about driving and finding new ones. I don't have the funds right now to purchase new tires and really, to put new tires on a car that is just going to be used once or twice a year is a bit crazy. 

I need to buy tire covers to make sure these tires last and it will be nice that the car will be ready to go when we need it. 

When I tried to put the new battery in the car tonight, I couldn't get the terminal cable off and it stripped off as it was corroded and the battery is a side mount. After cutting my hand in a few places and bleeding all over, I called my brother-in-law, and he came over to help me get them off and cut part of the battery plastic off and was able to get it off without having to put a new cable on. 

I am so grateful they have been so supportive of me lately. I have been so stressed with so much going on and having a headache last night and not sleeping, that them helping me out so much today was a huge blessing! 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment