Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Another Long Day at The Food Bank

There have been some issues at the bank recently with things getting a bit disorganized as we have been down a few workers.

I told one of the workers I would help him clean out his office and I wanted to get the front office cleaned out as well as the two storage rooms which are the furnace room and the supply room. 

When we had the board meeting, I told one of the workers that I would help him organize his office. Here is the post about that. I spent 6 hours moving shelving, sorting, organizing, and labeling all the items into the two storage rooms. 

I was able to get three shelves into the furnace room and put all the diapers and and depends onto them and out of the front office area. I was also able to organize it that there was a spot for the tool box our worker bought with his stimulus money and donated to the food bank.

I was able to move the two smaller shelves into the cleaning / supply room and put all the cleaning and bathroom supplies onto those smaller shelves so that we can lock the larger storage rooms with the diapers and tools that often get stolen, and leave the supply closet open for those volunteers that clean and stock the bathrooms. 

The worker was very excited to have the shelves out of his office and worked on cleaning it. We worked hard and he didn't finish it, but he was going to work on it today. He was really excited to be able to see how it could be by making it just his rather than a storage room. 

I took "after" pictures since I had taken "before" pictures for the other post, so I thought I would share them. I labeled the front of the shelves so that everyone can find what they are looking for quickly rather than digging through boxes looking for sizes etc. 

I couldn't believe how much hand soap they have. There were containers on every shelf and in both storage rooms. They won't have to buy liquid soap for 5 years or more. 

I am glad I could help get it organized and that it is in a situation that they can glance quickly and know what they are running low on as to order more when needed. 

I wish I could get my house as organized. ha ha. 

Have a blessed day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment