Monday, September 9, 2019

Green Plum Gratitude Day - It's Taking Years

I think I have shared a few about my green plum tree. I had a peach tree we loved in the back yard and it slowly died due to boring black boring bees or wasps of some kind. 


Other than two or three years ago when we got about 20 plums, the most plums I have ever had on the tree is about three and by the time I would find them, they would be rotten as I would usually find them when pruning in the fall. 

This year, I was picking up apples and pulling weeds when I noticed on the back side of the tree, there were about 20 plums and on the front side, there were just around that amount. I was SO excited about this as I have been waiting over 15 years for this tree to produce. 

I got some free green plums many years ago from someone who didn't want them to go to waste and I dehydrated them and they were my favorite dried fruit next to real pineapple. I love them equally. I immediately ordered one and when it came in, I didn't like the way it was shaped but was glad I could get one as I had never seen one before that woman offered me the plums.

I put it in the ground and it started to grow quickly but year after year it wouldn't have fruit and hardly even blooms. I keep pruning it hoping that someday it will produce enough plums that I can dehydrate some but for 15 years, not more than one or two if that on the tree until the last few years. 

I have been enjoying the fruit and am excited to have some this year. I pray that it will do even better next year. On a fun note, my five plum tree that has now ended up as a three plum tree has its second group of plums ripening and still has the prune plums to ripen so in having the three different plums and the one tree with three different plums on it, I have plums from late July to September. 

I just wanted to share that gratitude moment with you. Have a blessed Day

No comments:

Post a Comment