Monday, August 5, 2019

Marie Kondo Konmari Blesses More Than The One Cleaning House

I have been watching several makeover shows on Netflix lately as I am working on sorting projects on my fathers history. The last show I watched this week was a British Show about which person in a couple was the "hottest" and the loser in the couple got a makeover. 

I had the thought that maybe I should give myself a makeover but don't really have the funds to do that so the idea came and went with a thought. 

God is so good to me. It seems like whenever I have a want or need, he takes care of that situation for me. 

Today at church, a friend of mine said her daughter cleaned out her closet this past week and was going to take all the clothes to a second hand store to donate. The daughter is a plus size blogger and so she thought that maybe I could use some of the clothes. She told me to stop over at her house after our Sunday meetings and pick them up.

There were about five bags of clothes and I liked most of them. I was very grateful that she thought of me and I was able to pass some of them onto my niece. 

I had been going through my own stuff in the house and I had many bags of clothes to get rid of and had two different people take some of them. I thought about selling the rest at a yard sale but with all the stuff going on with my dad, I hadn't been able to do anything with them. 

I was so happy to have some cute clothes and think I will get rid of some of the clothes I kept now that I have gotten some new ones. I decided to donate the clothes I had been saving for a yard sale to maybe bring joy to someone else and give them some clothes they may not have the money to purchase. The local food bank gives out clothes for free so I would rather donate them there than a second hand store that charges. 
I know when I had all the kids home, free clothes were so wonderful and even second hand stores could get expensive when outfitting five kids for school. 

I feel truly blessed to have friends share with me and think of me. I love how in the Konmari method she has you give gratitude to the item you are getting rid of and I have a saying in the house that says, "Give gratitude as your blessings come and go" and I believe that is true. I feel gratitude for the clothes coming in and for the clothes I had to share with two friends and that I have some to share with the food bank. 

Have a Blessed Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment