Friday, November 23, 2018

Gratitude for Generosity - Super Blessings My Way

For many years, I have been looking for a chair that spins around that has claw feet that would work as a chair for my pump organ. 

When I was growing up, we had a pump organ that I shared about on this post here. I didn't think I would end up with the organ, but was happy to take it rather than have my brother get rid of it. 

I saw another one of these at a second hand store for $100 just this week. They are difficult to fix, take up lots of space, are quite heavy and aren't really functional so I can understand why they aren't all that popular. But, I have fond memories with it and it is a unique piece of furniture, so I wanted to find a chair like the one we had for it growing up. 

It had claw feet and would spin around going higher and lower so that the player could easily pump the pedals to get air in the billows for the sound. I have very fond memories of us spinning each other around on the chair sitting with our feet outstretched or my favorite was laying on the chair like superman and my siblings would spin us by holding onto our feet and running in circles until we hit the bottom and lurched to a stop. We would then get up walking drukardly until our head stopped spinning. 

That stool took much abuse from the 8 children in my family so it wasn't a surprise when the legs started pulling apart and my mother wired them together and it finally just fell apart. 

A few years back I saw nearly the exact chair on a yard sale site for $50 and couldn't justify spending that and it also had wire at the bottom holding the bottom legs together. I "put it out there" a few months back sharing that I would like to find a spinning chair to go with the organ so I could play it more often.

It only gets played when someone comes and specifically asks if it works and then I will find a stool and play it for them. 

I think it is fun that I have a working organ, crank record player ,and pump sewing machine all in very good working order if things ever became apocalyptic, I would be all set! 

I found this cute chair at as second hand store this week for $5~! I know it needs a little work but it is beautiful and I know I can make it functional and find someone to do the work needed for me. The chair used to have spindles on the back and they were broken off so I am hoping I can find a wood worker to saw off the weird back area and just make the stool round towards the top of the chair. I can do it myself but not as good as someone with a good wood working ability. 

I also have been having phone problems this week where it will just shut off when I try to take a picture and the icons on the front screen started slurring on the screen so I know it is just about done and my brother-in-law heard me talking to my sister about it and showed up at my house with his really nice phone from his work drawer. He took the time to go into work on a holiday evening to get the phone for me and won't let me pay them anything for it! It is probably the nicest phone I have ever owned. 

I am so grateful for these blessings on this wonderful Thanksgiving. I had another dear friend who texted telling me she had an extra turkey from last year in the deep freeze and asked if I wanted it. I was happy with that and also got another free turkey so I had two free turkeys filling up my freezer! 

I consider myself so blessed and it was wonderful to visit with my girls that were able to come home today. I feel so blessed to have such an amazing family and that so many are kind and generous and that my guardian angles found me a chair I could afford to go with my beautiful pump organ. I hope to get the chair done soon so the grandchildren can take it for a ride this Christmas! 

I hope you had a blessed and abundant Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment