Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Wedding Day and Phone Woes - Sleep Becomes Me


The last three times I have gone to a major city to do family events, I have followed my dad off the highway and / or into a parking lot. He lives three hours from me and it is so weird that in the past three weeks, I keep ending up at the same point at the exact same time.

I had to get up super early to head to a wedding of my niece today. I have been seeing my family lots lately with many "events" going on. I pulled into the city where the wedding was happening and  parked behind my brother and across from my dad! 

I looped around and around in a parking garage for some time and then ended up going to find another lot and seriously they got out of their car when I parked but I changed my shoes before heading into the venue so I took a picture of them walking ahead of me. 

My phone kept shutting off as I would try to use my camera for some reason today so I am grateful to my sister for taking a few of these for me. The wedding was beautiful and the luncheon after was yummy. 

I was able to do some Christmas shopping in the big city and I am working on a t-shirt quilt for one of my cousins. I was able to visit several nieces, two of which recently had babies and I even got to hold one for a few minutes. 

I then had an unplanned visit to see my aunt (my mothers only living sister) to drop off a t-shirt for her family to sign at their Thanksgiving party for this other cousin and I was SOOOO happy to find they were having a birthday party for one of my cousins kids and I got to see 8 of my 10 cousins in that family! I haven't seen that many of their family together since their last wedding years ago! 

I was so happy to be able to visit with them all and see how their children have grown. Another plus, was that I won't have to wait to get the signed t-shirt square for  the quilt back as I was able to get them all to sign it while I was there! It was great! 

I didn't arrive home till late and am so tired. I had a VERY hard time driving home alone being so tired, but I made it safely. I got a text just before starting home from a friend who said her mom bought a turkey and then found she had one in the freezer so they are sharing it with me! Blessings all around! 

It was a WONDERFUL day seeing so many family members! I am so grateful for my huge extended family and am excited to see how my own family grows in the years to come! 

Have a Blessed Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment