Friday, August 17, 2018

17 Hours of Shopping in Three Days - Nearly Done

 We planned that last minute trip this week as we had a few reason for going to big cities and we made a shopping list of items we needed to purchase while there. 

After helping Princess Five go through all her clothes and after purchasing some items the other day that I mentioned in my post, we knew we needed several summer blouses of solid color, wool skirts of solid colors, turtle necks, some solid color short sleeve / tanks, wool socks, a rain coat with zip out liner in short and long, several shoes and boots in varied colors, under clothes for 18 months, wool sweaters, a few suit type jackets in wool / and otherwise and a few patterned blouses. 

She now has enough mix and match items that she should be good. I have a long wool winter coat that she wants to use that I bought in the late 80's or so that fits her well and we bought a few scarves. She has suitcases, rain umbrella, and most other items.

We had problems finding winter boots / galoshes as it is summer. We called all the upper end retailers all over several cities and none of them have winter boots and winter coats were also hard but we did find two really cute rain coats. One was thin and portable and the other has a zip in liner. We needed a longer one and at one store, one of the workers was so helpful and went through boxes in the back room and found us a black trench coat / rain coat so we were so blessed. 

She still needs winter Ugg boots, the shorter galoshes, footie nylon socks, winter wool hat and thick scarf, and a few smaller items. I need to get everything washed and want to pack up her winter clothes in one suitcase as she won't need them until Christmas as she is going to Mexico first for six weeks. 

I am not really worried about her so much as I was the other girls as she can always head to Walmart or other stores since she will be in the US. With the other girls, I had to make sure they had everything they needed for 18 months since they wouldn't be able to buy items in the country to fit possibly and I won't have to send as much medication / health stuff, vitamins etc as she can buy it at local Walmarts so that worry and space in luggage is also available which it hasn't been with the other girls. 

It will be nice not having to worry about her so much. I do think she needs to get the warm shoes and hats etc. as the humidity makes you cold to the bone. Other than that, I think she is set and I am excited to be getting the items so I don't have to worry about it as I have so much going on. 

We spent 11 hours shopping today and I didn't get much sleep last night. I haven't eaten well for several days with all the travel and things and it is now 3 a.m. and I am home and excited to sleep in my own bed tonight. 

Have a Blessed Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment