Wednesday, June 6, 2018

My Sisters Family To the Rescue - Angels from Heaven

 I have been working on a family reunion / history project for a few weeks knowing the reunion would be the day after Princess Four arrives home from Japan. 

I have a sister that lives about 10 minutes from me and they have a laser cutter. I will post more later but she has been fabulous in helping me with the project. I posted about how we went and got barn wood one day. 

We ended up changing our plans on what we would do and the project turned into a bit more than I bargained for as they have the cutter which could do lots of the work.

I am not saying I didn't do a lot of work because I don't know that I could count up the hours. One day alone I spent 6 hours at Walmart for one of the picture collages. Days at her house cutting, designing, staining boards, sorting through photos, on and on. 

She has spent at least two full days cutting and burning designs into the wood mats for the frames and burning my grandfathers cattle brand into leather. Today we had to put them all together and frame them as I have an out of town wedding all day and then I have one day to get everything else ready as we have to travel to the airport and pick up Princess Four on Friday and the reunion is Saturday morning so there was no more time. 

Since I live in a small town, they only have limited stores and even those stores don't have lots of items since it is a small town so I have had to collect frames from all over the state as people come, I have them go to the dollar stores in their town looking for these frames. 

I am hoping I can find the 56 more frames I need tomorrow while traveling up and down the state. My sister came about12:30 noon and stayed until 7ish and then I still had so much to get done as there were so many processes on the frames. She was so sweeet and came back about 9 after her meeting bringing one of her daughter to help. About ten minutes later, the rest of her family that lives at home, including her husband and son, all came and each did a task and within about 1 1/2 hours, we finished the rest. My sweet sister stayed a little after and helped me glue on the pottery that I had left to do. 


She left with one of her girl after midnight. I nearly cried I was so grateful! As it is, when I finished cleaning up and eating something since I hadn't eaten most of the day, it was after 2 a.m. and I need to get to bed as it is after 2:30 and I have to be on the road before 6 a.m. so will get only a few hours sleep. 

I am so grateful she / they helped me so I could go to the wedding and support our nephew getting married. 

Isn't family wonderful! I am blessed with many wonderful people in mine! 

Have a Blessed and Safe Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment