Friday, March 23, 2018

Fixing Up and Cleaning Old Dice Using a Black Sharpie


I have been in a bunko group for the past 22 years or so. I started it as I was new in town and with small children and not knowing many people, I thought a night out once a month would be a good idea.

There were also several other women who had moved to the town around the same time we did, I figured they also could use friends.
I purchased all the stuff needed for the group which really isn't much. Each year on my month to host, I pull the dice out of the box and fill in any of the dots which have chipped through the year.

I used to purchase new dice every year but a few years back, I thought I would get out my black sharpie and see if I could use it to fill in the chips on the dice. 

It worked great. The thing I really like is that even if you overdo it at some point, you can quickly wipe the top off with your finger and the black will wipe off but the dots are then black and you can easily see the dots and it usually lasts the year until the next "spruce up." 

Thought I would share this little trick with you since I didn't figure it out for a few years. You can see how many dice I purchased through the years on this blog post  about my bunko group here. 

Have a Blessed Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment