Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day Blessings and Cleanout

Princess Two, Four and Five were all home for this long weekend. We missed Princess Three who went on a road trip with friends. She had a great time with her friends. I look forward to hearing all the fun details of her trip. 


Princess Two and I went to a few stores on Saturday. She mentioned that she would like to go to "Rue 21" to see what they had on sale. 

I had such a bad experience at our local Kmart that I went out of the parking lot headed towards Walmart to look for some new bathroom rugs. We looked at Kmart and they were on sale. 
 
I get to the checkout, 20 minutes later, we get through check out only to find that the rugs were on sale but they didn't ring up on sale and they would only give me part of them on sale. 


I walked out without purchasing anything as this type of thing happens all the time there. I HATE that I have to spend so much time in the checkout line. There is ALWAYS a problem with checkout. 


I remembered once I pulled out that she wanted to go to Rue so I went back even though she said she was "ok" not going. We get in there and she saw a "$2" rack. She didn't believe that they were really $2. 


I ask my friend "Tiffany" who was working if those two racks were "really only $2 an item?" She tells me that there were also some shelf items that were also $2. There were all sorts of clothes. 
 
They even had a rack of jeans that were $2 each. I had about 20lbs of clothes off of only one of the racks so I called Princess Four and Five and asked them to come to the store to look for themselves so I wouldn't purchase the wrong size or things they wouldn't like. 
 
They came down and I am almost embarrassed to say that we were at the store for 3 hours or so in all. Each girl had a large pile of clothes to try on and they all shared a large dressing room so they could get impressions on different outfits. 

I was THRILLED to be able to get Princess Five a huge, filled to the brim sack for under $70. She got a closet full of cute clothes for the price of a few items. 

They also got three belts for $1. Princess Two and Four paid for their own bags and they all ended up with a huge bag and all paid about the same for their treasures. 


I admit it was a long day for all of us as Princess Four and Five didn't want to go shopping and shopping isn't either of their favorite thing anyway. 

My friend checked us out as another employee checked out her sisters. I didn't realize until we were in the car that the store had been open later just for us and another customer. I rushed back in as Princess Four was finishing up and oppologized and asked why they didn't say anything about closing.... 

They said they don't announce that the store is closed. I guess for over $200 they would stay late without complaining. Not to mention we cleaned out some of their clearance items and actually got some friends to take a look at them as well. 
 
Then today, Princess Two helped Princess Five go through all her clothes and she got rid of as much or more than she added so it was a great weekend for Princess Five as she got help updating her wardrobe and cleaning out the closet and drawers. She got her school shopping and birthday early this year as I have been giving her her gifts for a month now.
 
It was a blessing in our lives finding the $2 racks and I have to know that I would never have gone to Rue without Princess Two coming as it is one of her favorite stores. Thanks for the prompt to shop there Princess Two. You are a blessing in our life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment