Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Gluten Free Stir-Fry Pasta Alfredo

I usually make my stir-fry with herbs and oil with crushed garlic and some red pepper. Here is a link to a post about that. 


I thought I would share a few tips I have about making stir-fry alfredo. I brown whatever meat I want to use in the stir fry. I purchase gluten free alfredo sauce. Most on the market don't say that they are gluten free but Classico does say it is gluten free on the back of it's bottles. 


There are many types of gluten free pasta. This isn't my favorite brand of gluten free pasta but it is ok. I also made regular pasta at the same time for Princess Five as she likes regular pasta better. 

Once the chicken is browned, I add frozen veggies that I cut and freeze in season. (There are many posts on here about freezing vegetables, just type in "freezing" in the search box at the bottom to see those.) I use fresh if I have it but I always have some type of vegetables frozen in the freezer. 
 
By using frozen vegetables, I get lots of water. I add the spices. I use my favorite Italian blend and curry to season this one.  Once everything is melted and cooking, I drained the extra  spicy water off the vegetable / meat mixture into a sauce pan. I then boiled the noodles in the spicy water. 
 
Watch the video I have posted on youtube about how I make it. I really enjoyed the stir fry and we always enjoy putting shredded cheese on or in our stir fry. 

Once the noodles are cooked, you can serve the stir fry over the noodles. 


If you don't want to cook the noodles separately, you can leave the extra water in the vegetables and then after the meat and veggies are cooked, you can stick noodles into the stir fry mix and let them cook in the mix. 


I have done this many times in the past but since Princess Five didn't want the gluten free noodles, I cooked them separately. 

I really enjoyed the meal. Princess Five isn't always a fan of alfredo so I was surprised when she told me it was really good. 


I had the camera handy on the counter and when I turned back around, I caught Princess Five licking the bowl clean. I hurried to try and take a picture of her licking the plate and she laughed and got a bit embarrassed and tried to hurry up to the kitchen with her plate.

I am guessing that if she liked it enough to lick the plate, I have a hit on my hands. 
 
We ended up enjoying the rest of it for a few meals. I plan on making it again. We did enjoy the curry and Italian mix for our stir fry. It is going to be a regular at our place. Apparently, it is "Plate licking good!"

Here is a link to the post about herbs a few weeks ago when I mentioned Princess Five's embarrassing moment. I thought I would post this way back then but things came up. I finally got to it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment