Friday, November 1, 2013

Weirdest Halloween Ever For Me



In twenty-five years, this is the most nothing holiday I have ever had. I used to be a big holiday partier and decorator but this year takes the cake. 

Princess five didn't dress up for school. She did the hulk to go over to her friends this evening and make doughnuts to hand out to trick-or-treaters.

Princess Four dressed as a "hippie" for school and kept that on as she handed out candy for a few hours tonight. We didn't go through two large bags of candy and she was being generous with the handing out. 

There are lots of newer neighborhoods around town now so we get less and less each year as my kids are the only kids on the street. 

The girls didn't even go to the neighbors this year. It was kinda sad that they were so boring. Princess Five felt a bit sad when she realized it was her last year with a sister here for the holiday but I told her we could throw a whopping party next year and invite all her friends as I have some really fun Halloween games. 

She liked that idea. 
 
I don't remember not dressing up at least a little on Halloween. I was such a Halloween Scrooge today!  


I thought I would show you two of the three fun decorations I purchased this year. I bought about ten decorations this year but by far, these three are the favorites. I think I may have mentioned them in an earlier post but they are so fun. So many people comment on them. Some thought that I had them specially made with family photos. I would have no idea how to go about that but they are sure fun for the dollar each I paid for them. 


If you look at them one way, they look like old time photos. At another angle, they are skeletons. There is one with a man and a dog but I am not going so show that as the pictures came out a bit dark. The other two are a wedding couple and a man. It the wedding one, one way the man looks like a skeleton and the other way, the woman looks like one.

My twin nieces that just turned 8 didn't say anything to me but when they got home, they told their mom that I had scary pictures at my house that scared them. 

I guess that is the point of Halloween. I like that clean up is easy for the ten decorations but I think we will go all out next year. 

I hope your holiday was a wonderful one.

No comments:

Post a Comment