Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Looney Tune T-Shirt Collection Quilt


I realized the other day when Princess Five had her birthday sleep over, that I never did show the final product of her Looney Tune quilt that I was working on before the holidays. There were several projects that I worked on but didn't post about. 

This project took so long and was so time consuming but look at the smile of Princess Five as she wrapped up in it Christmas morning. 

Those were all clothes she or her sisters actually wore. I wrote some posts about it before the holiday and will include some links on this post so you can see how the quilt progressed and how I added the hats and overalls to the quilt. 

She was sleeping in it at the party and that was what reminded me that I hadn't posted the finished product. 

I don't know that she has a "favorite" block but last weekend when everyone was here, we watched some family videos and one of videos was one of the girls doing the Sea World thing in their "Tweety" overalls and one of the Princesses said, "I want the Tweety overalls." the others laughed and told her that it was on a quilt now. No one can wear them ever again in the same way anyway.


I also made a pillow case for her body pillow she asked for for Christmas. I used her fleece Tweety Pajamas and put a shirt in the center. She also used that at her party. At the time I was making the quilt, she was still wearing the fleece pj's but I stole them and cut them into the pillow case as they were getting too small anyway.


Here she is holding up her favorite Christmas presents and of course, the Tweety stuff had to be included there. I think all those sleepless nights were worth it to get that smile. 

Here is the first link about the clothes.  
Here is the second link about how I included hats.
Here is a link about me choosing to make the quilt and laying it out.
Here is a link where I fall asleep making it trying to finish it for the holiday.


No comments:

Post a Comment