Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day Three of the Perfect Birthday Gift


I am so "getting" that my sisters love language is acts of service, gifts, and time. I can't believe what I did all day. I have done this myself before on my own things but doing it all in one day made for a long day.

I watched a full season of "NUMB3RS" while working. It was good to sit but I have to admit, my eyes are going a bit buggy sitting watching the computer most of the day. 

BUT, I am SO excited for my sister to have all her ribbons, lace, string, Velcro, elastic, binding and other similar notions organized. I KNOW that what I am doing will make a huge difference in her life. This way she can find what she needs at a glance rather than having to go to another room, pull out several bins, bags, boxes etc. to find what she needs. 
 
I did the same thing at my house and posted about it before. Here is a link to my post. 

She had several boxes and bags of ribbons etc. 

I also did her buttons. Last night, I took them all off the "cards" and laced the matching buttons on string so they would be easy to find and put them in baggies she had of all the different colored buttons. That took some time but not as much as the ribbons and bindings. 

You wouldn't believe that she got the entire box of ribbons and bindings above for $.75 at a second hand store. Those binding each cost more than that for one. Since she is a big sewer, that is a good deal as they will be used

With all the moves, she hasn't been able to keep up with everything and with boxes in storage and all the moves, she kept bringing out more and more bags with things from different projects along the way. 

I think now though, everything will be neatly organized in one place making her life much easier as she will know where to find things. 

She worked extra hard today getting all the books off the shelves in the "work" room we are going to paint. She was organizing them, sorting and getting rid of some. She must have emptied 20 boxes and has half of the shelves filled. She organized the "work/storage" room while she was finding the boxes of books she needed.  

I will post about those tomorrow. You can see how amazing the ribbons and lace came out and how nice all the bins look in the cabinet. Who wouldn't love to sew with all that handy?  

No comments:

Post a Comment