Thursday, April 26, 2012

Duct Tape Headband and Earrings

 
So, I had great plans of getting this done and getting to bed early. For some reason, I can't seem to do that. Princess number one asked me a few days ago if we could update her ipod. I have such slow internet that we have tried and tried but can't get the newer itunes or the upgrade for their ipods. Their ipods are over two years old and they can't play many of the new apps because we haven't been able to upgrade them.
I upgraded my house internet to as fast as our neighborhood allows as we don't have upgraded lines. SO FRUSTRATING! I tried twice to upgrade the itunes. Then twice to try and upgrade her ipod. Hours wasted. Still no upgrade! 

The other night everything was as slow as it has ever been and still I am wondering why the $15 more a month as everything is still slow. Just trying to upload pictures the other night, I had to go around and shut all the kids ipods down and tried the same thing tonight as it is so SLOW. I just think it depends on how many people are online using the slow lines we have in our neighborhood. I do better to upload my pictures and thing after midnight as things tend to go a bit quicker then. 

OK, so now that I have vented on the slowness of my internet and may just call the company and tell them to put me back to my cheaper plan since it isn't working anyway, I will get on with my post.  

 I shared with you for the past two days how creative my princesses are, and now wanted to show you the cute earrings and headband that Princess number 4 came up with to wear.

She went through my jewelry and found something large enough that would show the Duct Tape off well. She then took a piece of tape folded over the bottom edge of the earring and flipped it up overlapping it on the sides and folding it onto itself.

I think they came out so cute. She alternated with the pink zebra and white zebra Duct Tape.

Then, she did the same thing on the head band. She took both the pink and white zebra print and alternated them on the top side of this old headband. She asked if we had one that was hard and she could put tape on it. I found this old one in the cupboard and she was so creative with it.

She didn't want to cover the little "teeth" that are on the bottom of the headband to keep it in place in her hair so, she just cut the pieces big enough to cover the top of the head band and over the edge to the bottom. I took a picture trying to show it but don't know if you can really see that the bottom isn't covered.

Both princesses said they got many compliments on their cute Duck Tape accessories. I have to admit, I wouldn't have come up with the glasses, headband or earrings probably. I have very creative and resourceful princesses!

Thanks for letting me rant about my internet once more. I guess living in a small town isn't always a positive, just most of the time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment